- Salary To be discussed
- Published on October 20th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Are you a detail-oriented, inquisitive individual who enjoys coming up with solutions to client issues? Join us as Internal Audit leads the way. We are seeking qualified candidates for our team, with a focus in Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) advisory. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach that enables flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. You’ll gain exposure to a variety of industries, business models and internal control areas, helping your career growth and professional development.
What will your typical day look like?
Working in Risk Advisory’s Internal Audit team offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which presents you with the opportunity to continually grow and learn from a diverse team of collaborators. Your days will be filled with impact - professionally, socially, and personally.
As a practitioner in our Internal Audit practice specializing in Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), you will be responsible for leading streams of testing for our ICFR co-sourcing programs, including assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls according to established assessment frameworks. This will include supporting our ICFR scoping and risk assessment processes, collaborating with project managers to plan program activities, leading process walkthrough interviews, liaising with clients to collect, document and assess control effectiveness, document results, and assisting in evaluating the impact of deficiencies as they arise.
You will apply your inquiry, process understanding skills, and professional judgment to identify weaknesses in control or opportunities to enhance or automate controls, and will demonstrate your leadership and mentorship abilities through live coaching of junior resources, co-facilitating workshops, and assisting with remediation plan development.
About the team
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. Additionally, we prioritize building teams that are inclusive and bring diversity of thought.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
• 3 to 5 years’ experience supporting internal controls programs, with experience in Internal Control over Financial Reporting programs (prior professional services experience or large-scale programs would be an advantage)
• Strong knowledge of NI 52-109 and SOX program requirements, scoping and risk assessment activities, testing approaches and deficiency classification practices
• Sound knowledge of accounting practices and standards (Canadian and US GAAP)
• Experience with entity level, business process, information technology and disclosure controls and procedures
• Active pursuit or completion of professional designation (CPA preferred, CIA or CISA is encouraged)
• Undergraduate or master’s degree in Accounting or Business
• Knowledge of COSO, ITIL, COBIT or other internal control frameworks
• A natural curiosity; inquisitiveness and desire to understand our client’s business, process and controls
• An ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently
• A detail-oriented mindset, with a high level of pride in your work
• Proven ability working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills; strong written communication skills
• Ability to clearly and succinctly explain accounting and control issues
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.