This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Our Calgary practice is growing, and we are seeking a new Senior Consultant to join our talented team! Read more below.
What will your typical day look like?
Daily activities vary for our cyber strategy practitioners, depending on the client engagement. Practitioners will work on projects across multiple clients and industries in a fast paced environment. You will work closely with client teams to understand their needs and business, and collaborate with Deloitte colleagues to solve problems, recommend solutions, and provide expertise to your clients. Practitioners will support the team in developing high quality deliverables according to a project plan that has been agreed to by the clients.Cyber Strategy services provide guidance and support to executives in establishing an actionable roadmap to support the evolution of security programs priorities in an era where cyber is everywhere.
About the team
The environment at Deloitte is made up of intellectually curious, smart people, including world-class security and privacy experts. Infrastructure, Networking and Application Security is a critical part of Deloitte’s Cyber Risk Services practice, which helps our clients to be Secure, Vigilant and Resilient in the face of an ever-increasing array of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. Our Cyber Risk Services help organizations with the management of information and technology risks by delivering end-to-end solutions, using proven methodologies and tools in a consistent manner. Our services help organizations address timely and pervasive issues such as identity theft, data security breaches, data leakage, cyber security, and system outages across organizations of various sizes and industries, with the goal of enabling ongoing, secure, and reliable operations across the enterprise.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in cybersecurity controls and risk management;
- An Undergraduate (or higher) degree in Information Security Management, Risk Management, Computer Science or Engineering;
- An industry-recognized cybersecurity relevant certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA);
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks, standards and guidelines such as ISO 27001, NIST SP 800-30/34, NIST CSF, ISF CSF;
- Working knowledge of general IT and business processes and controls; cybersecurity and privacy relevant regulatory and compliance requirements such as OSFI cybersecurity self-assessment, B10, PIPEDA; and three lines of defense model;
- Strong communication, time management, report writing, investigation, and presentation skills;
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you