This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
The Global Independence Operations group promotes the quality, integrity, and completeness of entity, security and designation information and supporting processes and quality controls, with an emphasis on the firm’s data in the various independence systems, including Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance system (DESC), Global Independence Monitoring System (GIMS), and the entity affiliate information. Results of effective and quality data management directly correlate to the firm’s public trust and reputation.
This role is specifically focused on the support of the Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance (DESC) application. The individual in this position will manage a team of analysts responsible for performing various research and data management activities associated with corporate entities and their affiliates.
This role will help oversee the maintenance of each Deloitte member firm’s entities in the DESC system, equivalent information included in the Deloitte Global Independence Monitoring System, and entities included in the Corporate Entity Tree project within the Firm Contribution Tool (FCT). This role will require close interaction with and oversight of other members of the team, as well as providing customer support to the member firms.
- Manage staff who perform updates to the DESC, FCT, and GIMS systems in support of firm, regulatory, and professional rules and policies.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities. This includes hiring, terminations, promotions, and conducting performance assessments.
- Manage the timely update and completion of auditor independence checks, processes, and supporting systems/databases.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Provide guidance and information to both team members and member firm central independence teams regarding complex independence matters as required.
- Coordinate quality control processes and advise member firm central independence teams on their audit clients and affiliated entities, to enhance data quality and accuracy within independence systems.
- Provide guidance to member firm central independence teams to support and improve adherence to policies and procedures.
- Interact regularly with leaders within DTTL Global Independence and other Deloitte leaders on process issues, concerns, and changes. Identify and implement best practices as related to policy and process
About the team
Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Deloitte Global Risk, Regulatory, and Public Policy (RRPP) makes an impact by developing programs, processes and resources to preserve, protect and enhance the Deloitte brand. We identify new and emerging risks that could significantly impact the network, mitigate risks as they occur, proactively engage with regulators and key stakeholders that impact professional services, and build a clear voice around select policy topics around the globe.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 to 10 years of related experience; prefer managerial, research, and/or regulatory experience
- Intermediate to expert skill level with standard office-productivity tools (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word) including a required knowledge of
- Excel data manipulation functions.
- A working knowledge of using SharePoint, Tableau, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Access a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly absorb and understand application functionality.
- Experience with performance management preferred, including project management, coaching, supervision, quality management, fostering teamwork, and providing constructive feedback.
- Exceptional data analytical skills, including the ability to identify potential issues and propose corrective actions.
- Able to build relationships globally with an awareness and respect for multicultural viewpoints
- Able to understand multiple jurisdictional requirements.
- Be a self-starter capable of managing a multinational team working on multiple deliverables.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Customer service oriented with dedication to maintaining quality.
- Confident written and oral communicator.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where priorities can quickly change.
- Willingness to travel as needed (generally infrequent; less than 5% of time).
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you