This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Burlington; Kitchener; Markham; Mississauga; Toronto; Vaughan
- Be part of a dynamic team that helps clients grow their businesses through government funding.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
About the team
We are currently looking for professionals to join our Gi³ team, as a Senior Manager, Grants and Incentives, within our Grants and Incentives Centre of Excellence (CoE). Deloitte’s Gi³ team is the leading incentives team both in Canada and globally. We help Canadian companies become more competitive globally by advising them on business and financial strategies to support their growth plans.
What will your typical day look like?
Our clients range from small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to large Canadian and global companies. As a Gi³ Senior Manager, Grants and Incentives (G&I) at Deloitte, you will work directly with clients (business executives and project leaders) as well as our entire G&I team (grant writers and advisors) as you play a leading role in business development and helping companies access funding to support their growth and innovation initiatives. You will work with a team of skilled professionals to drive growth, ensure operational excellence, and develop a high performing team.
- Identify and lead business development opportunities to support profitable growth for the G&I practice, primarily in the Ontario market but also nationally. Working with multiple stakeholders, lead sales opportunities and introduce other members of the team to the sales process;
- Working collaboratively with practice leadership and delivery teams, understand funding program criteria, risks, target clients, and potential delivery models. Lead development of marketing materials, proposals (scope and fees) and engagement execution plans for the preparation of client deliverables that are profitable while be accountable for ensuring engagements adhere to the firm’s quality and risk standards.
- Work directly with clients to understand and gather information about their investments in technology, products, operations, and their people to assess if they may qualify for government incentives.
- Analyze the various business drivers behind projects and their alignment to funding program themes and requirements. Develop strategic positioning for the projects and work with delivery teams on how to address any deficiencies when evaluated against the program criteria;
- Responsible for delivering exceptional client service:
- Manage client relationships and lead grant writing professionals in the preparation of government funding submissions (e.g. business and project plans, budgets, and proposals for funding applications). This will include directing others, managing their work loads and reviewing their work products while ensuring adherence to the firm’s standards around document management and quality and risk. Sr. Managers are expected to actively manage billings and investment levels;
- Communicate directly with multiple stakeholders (e.g. clients and colleagues) on any strategic positioning, potential risks, the engagement delivery plans over the entire life cycle.
- Lead and support the development of high performing teams, providing significant coaching / mentorship;.
- Command broad followership and display inspiring leadership;
- Act as a role model, participating in firm-wide initiatives and living our shared values and purpose.
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who:
• Has an undergraduate degree or diploma in the humanities, social sciences, sciences or business and 5-8 years of related work experience in providing professional services to clients with respect to the preparation of government funding applications;
• Has superior verbal and written communication skills with a creative ability to conceptualize and articulate client projects and future benefits. Critical analysis and problem-solving skills are necessary to make informed recommendations;
• Has proven business development experience, with a track record of generating and leading sales opportunities with respect to professional services in the grants and incentives sector.
• Can effectively manage client engagements including delivering exceptional client service, and maximizing results;
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience for leading and developing others to build high performing teams;
• Is energetic, a self-starter and capable of both working independently or as part of a team. Must be comfortable with changing environments, including dealing with multiple stakeholders to manage and prioritize competing deadlines and rapidly evolving client and team needs;
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you