This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that often deals with emerging risk issues of today’s business environment? This is the role for you!
What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will be engaged to conduct consultations with practitioners on the potential independence risk and considerations associated with engagements. You will work closely with practitioners at all levels of the firm as well as our National Independence Team to secure engagements while ensuring that we are not exposing ourselves to any independence issues. You will help manage compliance with independence rules for restricted entities on a professional and personal independence perspective. You will need to have a good background in consulting so that you understand the business as well as technology agreements to help you understand the engagement and the potential independence considerations tied to the engagement. You will play an instrumental role in assessing; negotiating; developing and providing guidance on the risk, including regulatory risks and possible relevant mitigations for handling Regulatory requirements.
About the team
The current Risk Management team for Consulting consists of a Partner and sixteen team members who are responsible for managing risk for Consulting service line at Deloitte from RFP stage all the way to the completion of an engagement. This involves getting engaged in risk or independence discussions to understand potential risk and to develop risk mitigation strategies to address. It also involves significant involvement in reviewing and negotiating contractual terms or providing guidance on independence considerations and understanding the risk involved depending on the scope of work considered.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Post-secondary education and 5-7 years’ relevant experience in a related role in a large and complex professional services organization with at least 3 years at the management level (legal/compliance background in the technology environment is an asset)
- Proven ability to negotiate and provide strategic direction to both internal resources and external clients and to have direct business experience in consulting, including an extensive technology background, coupled with a strong knowledge of working through legal and compliance requirements
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with multiple high-level project demands
- Must be able to work effectively at a management level - i.e. establish credibility and authority with Firm leadership and client counterparts and to be able to drive the agenda from an independence perspective
- The ability to research and understand external regulations or supporting materials produced by regulatory bodies, i.e. IESBA, AICPA, PCAOB, Canadian Provincial Institutes and the SEC and apply it in the Information Technology projects
- The ability to write consultation memos
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a supportive and collaborative team in a very fast paced, agile and unstructured environment
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you