This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Prairies, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Edmonton; Winnipeg
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Have many careers in one Firm.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
If you are ready to accelerate your career as an established IT Auditor, then the time has come to consider Deloitte. This is a growing team with several openings in our Calgary, Edmonton & Winnipeg offices. If that's you, and you've always dreamed of joining Deloitte, now is the time to act!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in the IT & Specialized Assurance practice in the Prairies region, you will be responsible for a portfolio of engagements in the IT audit space (assessment of IT controls as part of the financial statement audits, in accordance with US and Canadian standards as well as private company audit standards), other Assurance engagements (SOC 1 & 2 audits, specified procedures etc.) , IT Internal Audits and IT internal controls certification engagements related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation in the US and National Instrument 52-109 (NI 52-109 or C-SOX) in Canada.
You will also participate in coaching and developing our team members and maintaining client relationships as part of this role. While you will serve our clients in a professional manner and with the highest levels of quality, you will also participate in relationship building and business development activities that will help further our growth agenda and plan.
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in internal practice d & professional development activities such as file inspections, training, developing and revising our approaches and methodology based on emerging risks areas.
About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations. Our IT & Specialized Assurance team is dedicated to solving clients’ challenges and address risks, particularly as it relates to IT risks and compliance. We have a very talented team in place that is proficient in skills sets and backgrounds required for IT audits, assurance and advisory engagements and are passionate about serving clients and help address their issues and challenges that they are facing.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has: / You are someone with:
- Completed undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
- Post graduate degree and/or a professional designation
- Completed a professional designation such as the CPA, CRISC, CISA, CIA or CISSP. A background/degree/certification in IT is preferred.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in performing IT Audits, other Assurance engagements (SOC 1, SOC 2, specified procedures), IT Internal Audits and IT controls advisory (SOX / C-SOX)
- Experience with a Big 4 firm in performance of IT audits in accordance with established methodologies and standards set by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Canadian Public Accounting Board (CPAB)
- Experience in setting up / conducting readiness assessments for SOC 1 & 2 audits and SOX and C-SOX engagements, especially related to IT controls
- Passionate about and track record of strong client service delivery and business or practice development and sales that provides newer and additional opportunities our team
- A great team player who goes the extra mile to develop our team members through coaching, mentoring, training and other professional development initiatives
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you