- Salary To be discussed
- Published on October 12th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto; Burlington; Calgary; Kitchener; London; Ottawa; Vancouver; Vaughan; Windsor
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Develop your industry knowledge and technical and other abilities rapidly so that you become famous for what you do and require minimum manager supervision;
Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions;
Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including the supporting financial analysis, models and implementation plans
Deloitte’s Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client’s most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Associate/Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services while focusing on IT and Technology due diligence and M&A projects, liaising and building relationships with clients on an agreed scope of work. You will be supporting our clients in understanding the value of technology while planning for acquisitions, preparing for exits and designing joint ventures. Your clients will be senior level executives, including strategic acquirers, corporate development functions and private equity firms.
If you asked one of our current Senior Associates about the types of things related to technology M&A that they’ve actually done over the past year, their answer would likely include:
• Assisted senior client executives, including Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Financial Officers and Chief Operating Officers, and other senior client teams in strategizing IT enabled value creation opportunities such as minimizing future operating costs, accelerating digital transformation, and providing greater integrity during the transition.
• Assisted a client in understanding and analyzing IT capabilities to identify opportunities and risks of potential acquisition targets.
• Performed carve-out assessment of a target, including the design of a standalone operating model, assessing stand-alone costs, one-time transition costs and evaluating TSA service schedule requirements.
• Unlocked client’s technology product growth potential by assessing and analyzing their technology product alignment with the business vision and market needs.
• Provided technical, financial and analytical expertise to guide clients towards superior decisions based on analysis and data-driven insights.
In addition to these, our team members also get exposure to other M&A related experiences that could include:
• Supporting other pre-deal due diligence efforts, including market assessments, HR due diligence, and operations due diligence to help client make informed decisions;
• Assessing a client's state of M&A readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying significant-risks, issues, interdependences and opportunities for overall improvement;
• Assisting with the assessment and configuration of a client’s target operating model, and the identification of its synergies and key value drivers;
• Delivering one or more aspects of hypothesis-driven broad and rapid EBITDA improvement. For example, completing work on: pricing studies, sales and marketing effectiveness, product and customer profitability, value analysis, supply chain, cost efficiency and organizational structure redesign and working capital management
• Embracing and living our firm’s purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing themselves and their colleagues to identify solutions to the challenges that are the most important for our clients, people, and society
• Have and continue to have fun!
About the team
The VCS team works in many industries but has a particular focus on Consumer, Technology, Industrials, Energy and Natural Resources, Cannabis and Financial Services. You can read more about the industries supported on our website https://www2.deloitte.com/ca/en.html
We focus on:
• Enterprise Profitability (EP): Our EP Service identifies and implements opportunities that radically improve its client’s EBITDA and cash flow. The service helps clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
• Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD): Our EDD Service offers Operational, IT, Commercial and HR due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential through synergy reviews, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning.
• M&A Execution (MA): Our MA Service works with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute merger and acquisition transition programs. Our work helps to maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruption, accelerate and de-risk deal closing. This service also helps clients to determine their future state operating model by function and develop and implement the roadmap to close and beyond.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Senior Associate/Manager you are someone with the following credentials:
• A bachelor’s degree and/or approximately 2-4 years of related work experience in Information Technology, whether as part of a top management consultancy (e.g. IT strategy, IT M&A) or corporate environment (e.g. M&A or transformation project manager within an IT function)
• Professional designation(s) (e.g.), applicable certifications and/or Masters level education would be considered an asset.
You are someone with experience in some of the following areas:
• Performed broad IT assessment to understand technology-enabled opportunities and risks and plan associated roadmap.
• Supported and delivered IT M&A projects including IT Due diligence, IT integrations, carve-outs, or other types of transaction engagements.
• Exposed to significant organizational events, such as major technology-enabled business transformation.
• Good understanding of at least 2 to 3 of the following IT areas: strategy, governance, application landscape and architecture, infrastructure and cyber-security.
• Conducted quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as financial analysis or modeling, market research and analysis, project problem diagnosis & solution development.
• Facilitated workshops, stakeholder sessions, and presented key insights to a leadership group.
• Developed core consulting skill-sets, including hypothesis-based problem solving skills, analytical rigor and discipline, and strong structured oral and written communication capability (reports, PPT presentations and other deliverables).
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply Now.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.