This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Do you have experience in event management and wish to expand your knowledge? Keep reading!
What will your typical day look like?
The Experience & Operations Manager, Event & Podium Experience reports to the Manager and leverages support from additional events & operations professionals. You and your team members will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the Toronto (Bay Adelaide East) Conference Centre, including client facing event spaces and Bistro, along with operationalizing the “Next Normal” (N2) strategy as we move towards re-opening.
You’ll be accountable to:
- Work closely with Experience leadership team to operationalize N2 campaign, providing support for day-to-day operations
- Create, maintain, and actively manage all operational documents as they pertain to governance and processes, in line with N2 strategy
- Support governance and process development for the space, ensuring all rules and guidelines support the success of the client experience
- Relationship management for all key enabling areas to include: Hospitality Vendor, Business Operations, Security, Technology, Communications, and the Design Team
- Ensure scheduled events and experiences operate smoothly, efficiently, and effectively so the full benefit of the space is leveraged
- Overseeing common area activations, including scheduling, priorities, and adhering to brand standards
- Overseeing utilization of common areas to ensure desired guest experience
- Daily onsite supervision of all client facing spaces
- For large scale events and activations, review event details to ensure all logistical areas are covered and fall in line with building operating standards
- Act as first level of escalation point for any disruptions within the space and guest experience - connect to enabling areas for action in areas under their control, connect with security or Deloitte Emergency Services for assistance as required
- Escalate all guest conduct issues, security issues, or additional issued that put attendees or building at risk to the Manager
- Oversee general maintenance and well-being of the facility, leveraging relationships with key enabling areas to ensure facility meets client expectations
- Support the service level program with in-house hospitality vendor, which includes surveying, reporting and leading regular vendor meetings. This program includes the operations for the bistro and conference centre and in working with our key spaces and teams
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team, contributing to overall team performance and maintaining a highly performing, value add team at Deloitte
About the team
In FY20, the Chief Culture and People Office (CCPO) developed a Culture and People Strategy for 2023 - a roadmap that will guide enablement of the broader firm Category of One strategy by inspiring and empowering our people and delivering “I only could have done it at Deloitte” experiences.
The Event & Podium Experience team, within the Culture and People Office, is responsible for delivering distinctly Deloitte experiences and operational excellence for our people, our clients, and community within our Toronto flagship office. Team members are expected to be strategic thinkers and team players, ensuring collaboration among all operating and enabling areas to create a cohesive ecosystem with hospitality management as a large area of focus.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has expertise in the following areas:
- 5-7 years proven success with complex event management and delivery; along with hospitality and facility management experience.
- Proven ability to form, leverage, and manage productive relationships and work effectively managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly matrix environment
- Strong strategic-thinking and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task various projects and manage varied clients
- Consultative and solutions oriented; foster cooperation and collaboration; build credibility and trust
- Proven experience taking the initiative to apply judgement within the parameters of role, take decisions and take action
- Ability to effectively manage up, down and across
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism an asset (English/French)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you