- Salary To be discussed
- Published on October 20th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto; Burlington; Kitchener; London; Ottawa; Vaughan; Windsor
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Help lead marquee private company M&A transactions, such as divestitures, acquisitions, and capital raises
Mentor and lead a team of collaborative and diverse Managers, Associates and Analysts through on-the-job coaching
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like Canada
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives as lead M&A advisor? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
What will your typical day look like?
Our team is looking for a Manager (Vice President) to play a lead on M&A transactions. As part of your role you will co-ordinate and perform critical aspects throughout the transaction lifecycle in a client-facing role, including:
• With the support of Associates and Analysts, be responsible for executing and closing mid-market, private company M&A transactions, including the preparation of confidential information memorandums, potential buyer / target lists, initiating discussions with buyers / sellers, facilitating due diligence, negotiating with buyers / sellers, and working with legal counsel to prepare definitive purchase / sale documentation.
• Quickly develop an understanding of the client business and its drivers, including analysis of historical performance, working capital, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Work with senior practitioners to proactively develop M&A ideas for clients in a variety of sectors
• Develop proactive pitch presentations on actionable M&A opportunities
• Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients
• Support Managing Directors in their relationship management responsibilities, including with current and prospective clients
• Manage, develop and mentor, Associates, Analysts, and other staff
About the team
The Corporate Finance team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a capital raise, merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team is growing and for the second year in a row we have been recognized by MergerMarket as the #1 Financial Advisor in both Canadian and Global M&A deal activity (measured by deal volume).We are a group of collaborative and amazing people who value client service excellence while having fun and supporting the career growth and the development of each other.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you #deloitteFA
You are someone with:
• Demonstrated relevant work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development, including a track-record of closing transactions
• Completion of a finance or accounting designation (CPA, MBA, CBV or CFA)
• Sound financial modeling and valuation experience
• Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Transaction and execution experience
• An ability to quarterback files on day one
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work and lead effectively in teams
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply Now
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.