This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The company is an award-winning global company and world leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of fish and wildlife monitoring systems. Our head office is in Newmarket with subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, New Zealand and the United States.
The role will be a rotating position from Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure that our team is completely cross-functional. We are seeking a resourceful and detailed oriented professional to join our team.
- Prepare accruals and prepaids
- Update and reconcile the sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Perform general ledger posting, aging reports and monthly/year end reconciliations
- Match, batch, post, file, code and enter invoices
- Conduct researching and resolve accounts payable or accounts receivable issues with customers and vendors
- Maintain cash applications, account reconciliations and chargebacks
- Accounting diploma or degree
- 5 years of experience in an accounting role who takes ownership of a multifunctional role
- Excellent accounting knowledge and principles along with knowledge of government regulations
- Able to demonstrate effective interpersonal written and verbal skills and good customer service skills with a willingness to learn
- Advanced experience with Excel spreadsheets, math skills, sense of urgency and thoroughness along with attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Navision (our corporate management tool) is an asset
- Time management, organization skills along with prompt responses are of the essence
- A self-starter demonstrating flexibility is necessary
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.