This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
CCHS Facility: Cleveland Clinic Canada
Job Title: Six Month Contract Position – Registered Psychologist / Psychological Associate / Psychotherapist/ Social Worker
*Please note that this hire will be onsite at Cleveland Clinic Canada's downtown facility (181 Bay Street, Toronto, ON)
Position Reports To: Clinical Lead, Psychology Department
Position Start Date: Immediate (CVs will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been found)
Providing comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments and summary reports as part of a preventative health and wellness clinic. Working as part of an inter-disciplinary treatment team and liaising with community resources.
- Master's degree (MA, MSW) or Doctoral Degree (PhD/PsyD) from a CPA/APA or other accredited program
- Registration with your respective College
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Completion of CPA/APA or other accredited internships in clinical psychology or clinical social work
- Proficiency in assessment, treatment planning and treatment delivery for adults 18+
- Knowledge of DSM and diagnostic formulation
- Knowledge of issues relating to children, adolescents, and elderly an asset
- Minimum five years post-Master’s experience working as clinical therapist with individuals (working with couples and groups would be an asset)
- Proficiency in treating a wide range of presenting issues
- Keen understanding of a range of therapeutic approaches (e.g., CBT, DBT, IPT, EFT, mindfulness, EMDR)
- Demonstrated excellence in both written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated skills in team-building and the ability to initiate and model positive change
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary team members and liaise with community resources
- Research and program evaluation skills an asset
- Ability to work with high level of flexibility and independence
- Flexible hours of availability
Minimum Required Length and Type of Clinical Experience
At least 5 years’ experience working primarily with an adult population (executive population an asset) in a variety of settings where the focus has been on conducting DSM-based diagnostic assessments, report writing, working both independently and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, and liaising with community resources.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct comprehensive bio-psycho-social screening assessments for an outpatient adult population (primarily executives)
· Assess and screen for stressors and areas of difficulty and make appropriate referral and treatment recommendations accordingly
- Provide single-session therapy/counselling during the assessment, as needed
- Documentation (e.g., progress notes, report/letter writing)
- Communication with inter-disciplinary treatment team and community resources, as needed
- Successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in regular meetings which include Psychology Team Meetings, Clinical Education Rounds, All-Staff Meetings, Wellness Department Meetings, as well as Employee Engagement / Team-Building Events
SALARY RATE – Commensurate with education level, skills, training, and experience
CCHS ORGANIZATION-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS:
All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behaviour, interpersonal skill, and problem-solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
Adaptability includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
Managerial Responsibilities (if applicable) includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
NOTE: The above-stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
Job Type: Contract
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other Cleveland Clinic Canada 's offers that may interest you