This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Division Controller provides accounting and financial support and leadership for the Camus division located in Toronto. This includes understanding and managing the general ledger, accounting issues, costing, external audit process, internal reporting, detail analysis and presentation of financial data, preparation and recording of journal entries, preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations, and other similar activities or ad hoc requests. Position responsibilities also include performance of Director and Officer responsibilities for Canadian entities of Cleaver-Brooks as well as communications with CRA, Revenue Quebec and external tax advisors. This individual must be an experienced leader and manager as well as a strong accountant who is detail oriented, with solid analytical skills and abilities.
- Manage team to provide proper level of customer service to the rest of the organization.
- Mentor, coach and develop accounting team to ensure success of the accounting department team and individuals.
- Effectively manage team. This includes, but is not limited to, execution of meaningful performance reviews. Providing appropriate direction and coaching to ensure positive development of subordinates adhere to and follow the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Take ownership of the general ledger and ensure accuracy, understanding, consistency with Company policy, consistency of application and compliance with US GAAP.
- Establish and build effective and productive relationships with sales, operations, finance and other departments.
- Perform month, quarter and year end close processes, meeting deadlines. Book journal entries and provide appropriate detail level review and analysis. Develop and maintain tracking tools and accounting checklists. Ensure reporting is correct and accurate.
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations. Ensure timely completion of reconciliations.
- Act as business partner with management to provide recommendations to improve profitability of the company by determining more efficient ways of implementing changes.
- Lead the local company’s implementation of company policies for accounting related issues.
- Direct, consolidate, and analyze cost accounting procedures together with other internal reports.
- Perform monthly financial variance analysis, including research, documentation and communication of account fluctuations.
- Interface with external auditors to ensure audit requests are completed as needed and that financial statements are timely and timely with minimal proposed adjustment.
- Analyze financial performance and make recommendations for future policies and actions.
- Assist Corporate Controller in developing and implementing company policies.
- Help develop and analyze components of forecasts and budgets.
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Director and officer for Canadian entities of Cleaver-Brooks.
- Communicate with CRA and Revenue Quebec to resolve questions for Camus and CB Canada.
- Administer CRA and Revenue Quebec websites and users.
- Provide requested audit information to CRA and liaise with auditors.
- Coordinate and monitor responses from CB Canadian operations.
- Assist in the gathering of and preparing information for tax returns.
- Other duties as directed.
- Travel Required: minimal, less than 5%
Physical Skill and Effort ...
Work requires a few simple, but rapid, hand operations. Work requires simple, easy muscular movements.
Working Conditions and Hazards ...
Normal plant, shop, field or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Negligible/little or no exposure.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required. CPA designation preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, with manufacturing preferred. Previous experience performing account reconciliations and recording journal entries required and experience managing an accounting team preferred.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee …
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, life insurance, long term disability, vacation and paid holidays.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Camus/Cleaver-Brooks will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 9f902ecfd6064e85a7f8be0b5578b27a
Other Cleaver Brooks Canada 's offers that may interest you