Vice President, Real Assets Client Onboarding
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The Real Assets Fund Services group is seeking an experienced candidate to lead our Real Assets Client Onboarding team. This specialized team of professionals are subject matter experts on Real Assets investment management operations, as well as the processes & technologies that support those functions. The Client Onboarding Team is responsible for managing the accounting & reporting setup, systems configuration, and related data migration to start formal client operations. The successful candidate will work to structure this team to optimally meet current and future client onboarding projects, establish policies and procedures on how the team operates, and work with other functional teams (Fund Accounting, Operations, Investor Relations) to entrench best practices within our global onboarding model. Candidates must demonstrate leadership skills in coaching, motivating team members and dealing with clients and counterparts in other groups. The successful candidate will be expected to learn and develop expertise in all aspects of the on-boarding process, system configuration, and fund accounting, as well as participate in firm-wide initiatives and thought leadership
Job Duties in Brief:
- Manage and execute high priority client fund onboarding initiatives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the global standard operating model for the team and related functional groups/business partners.
- Preparation of client service plans including; assessing client fund servicing needs, securing adequate resources to set up the account, selecting the technology solutions best suited for the services.
- Assist with the development of on-boarding and transition plans for new client onboarding, and develop best practice models for service delivery.
- Act as the liaison between Client staff & Accounting/Operations to on-board clients to Citco technology systems, including Yardi Voyager Investment Management
- Analysis, Design, Setup & testing of fund structures within Citco systems, including the automation of capital transaction processing, consolidations, eliminations, currency exchange, and returns calculations.
- Perform due diligence analysis for scoping of on-boarding activities.
- Coordinate with all relevant teams to ensure internal workflows will meet client needs and regulatory controls.
- Coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure all necessary data is captured and migrated for client reporting and calculation models.
- Maintain a pro-active customer focus at all times.
- Manage a team of highly motivated, client onboarding specialists across the global Citco organization
- Plan resources in line with business demands, participate in the recruitment and selection process, lead, coach, develop and appraise employees within the team.
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions.
- Keep Senior Management abreast of all material issues affecting the processing of deliverables.
- Implement training and coaching initiatives.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in either of the following or related fields: Accounting, Finance, Information Systems; CPA or CFA preferred
- Demonstrated successful delivery of complex projects
- 5-10 years real estate and/or private equity experience
- Experience in developing/implementing/optimising business processes
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience.
- Analytical and integration experience involving complex data sets.
- Public/private accounting experience, predominantly in the real estate & alternative investment sectors
- Experience in reviewing real estate operations and financial statements (Fair Value, GAAP, IFRS)
- Experience in performance reporting – NCREIF, GIPS (AIMR)
- Knowledge of local statutory reporting requirements across North American and Europe a plus
- Knowledge and experience in real estate accounting systems (Yardi, Investran, etc.). Yardi Investment Management module experience highly preferred
- Strong team player who exhibits excellent communication and written skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability of work product