This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Service Attendant shall provide personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Providing personal care, housekeeping, and laundry services for seniors in a retirement residence setting;
- Provides services and interacts with guests and family members in a professional manner;
- Assists and attends to special needs of the residents as required;
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all areas related to residents as per work routines;
- Provides medications according to the home’s policies and procedures for medication administration.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in providing laundry, food or personal care;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Preferred post secondary education in related care fields of PSW/HCA/ DSW certification;
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Chartwell Retirement Residences's offers that may interest you