This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Reports to the Registered Staff in charge of the shift and is responsible for providing non-care related support to residents. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Chartwell’s vision, mission and values statements.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists the care team in providing non-care related activities
- Making residents’ beds, changing linens
- Tidying resident closets and drawers as requested
- Act as a spotter for residents requiring a 2 person lift or transfer
- Provide assistance to residents during meal time
- Portering residents to activities or meals
- Provide one-on-one or small group visiting programs
- Assisting with distribution of snacks
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors, staff and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, and workshops as directed.
- Identifies and documents building/equipment breakdowns in maintenance log.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Preference will be given to those with previous history working with geriatric population;
- Preference will be given to those with special interest / education in health care related field;
- Completiton of secondary school diploma;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an empathetic approach with residentsl.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Chartwell Retirement Residences's offers that may interest you