This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Prep Cook assists in the preparation of meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for residents and guests using production checks and standardized recipes.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the preparation of meals for residents and guests in accordance with Chartwell Brand Hospitality Standards;
- Assists in the preparation of meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large;
- Ensures compliance with safe food handling practices and public health requirements;
- Assists in the preparation and cooking of meals according to pre-set menus and the special dietary requirements of residents and guests;
- Prepares cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Measures ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Performs basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, etc., washes and cuts food;
- Assists in portioning, arranging and garnishing food, prepares salads and sandwiches;
- Ensures use of proper food handling techniques.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes/utensils, sanitizing work surfaces, etc.
- Assists in receiving and storing incoming food and supplies.
- Completes daily temperature audits of fridge, freezer and storerooms and records findings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a volume food preparation environment (preferably in a retirement residence, long term care residence or the hospitality industry);
- Must possess a Food Safe Level 1 certificate (Food Safe Level 2 certificate preferred);
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Team player;
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must be able to operate related equipment;
- Must possess high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Customer service orientation.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Chartwell Retirement Residences's offers that may interest you