This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Reports to the Environmental Services Manager and performs a variety of housekeeping and laundry duties to ensure the Long Term Care Centre is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Sort and separate items to be laundered in accordance with laundering requirements;
- Operate automatic washing machines, dryers, iron and sewing machine;
- Hand iron and folds or hangs garments after laundering;
- Transport laundered garments to appropriate floors;
- Ensure proper identification of all personal clothing;
- Maintain a clean work environment, dusting and washing equipment and shelves as required;
- Perform simple mending and repairs;
- Maintain appropriate level of supplies e.g. soap, bleach, fabric softener and thread;
- Clean working area upon completion of the shift.
- Keep work area clean and free from unsafe conditions. Report any unsafe conditions to immediate Supervisor;
- Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public;
- Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies;
- Clean dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairwells and other areas as directed;
- Clean, mop, wax and polish floors; dust furniture and equipment; arrange furniture in an orderly fashion;
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in laundry operation and housekeeping is desirable but not mandatory
- Must understand the basis of good laundry techniques/practices
- Completion of secondary school
- Must be able to read and write and follow oral instructions
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Chartwell Retirement Residences's offers that may interest you