This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all china, silverware and cookware while ensuring that all kitchen equipment and surfaces are kept clean, sanitized and operational. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and/or pans using dishwasher or by hand;
- Loads and empties dishwasher;
- Places clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in storage areas;
- Cleans and sanitizes dishwasher mats, dish carts and dish racks;
- Maintains kitchen equipment and work areas (blenders, refrigerators, dishwashers, work table surfaces, stoves, ovens, grills, exhaust hood, etc.) in a clean and orderly condition;
- Cleans floors and walls in kitchen area;
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area;
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition;
- May assist in receiving and stocking supplies/products;
- Safely handles and stores cleaning products;
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures.
- May assist cooks prepare resident meals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience in a retirement residence, long term care residence or the hospitality industry is considered an asset;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Must be able to operate related equipment;
- Team player;
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Must be personable with and excellent work ethic;
- Customer service orientation;
- Work requires standing for extended periods of time, lifting and carrying objects of 40 lbs;
- Food Handling Certificate.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Chartwell Retirement Residences's offers that may interest you