This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Activity Aide is responsible for providing assistance with the development and coordination of programs and services that meet the needs of residents. This role assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assists with the development and implementation of internal and external programs and services that meet the six dimensions of wellness (social, physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs of residents);
- Assists with the development and preparation of communication tools (newsletters, posters, notices, calendars, etc.) designed to provide residents, seniors located outside of our retirement residence and volunteers, with information regarding current and future activities and special events;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Lifestyle and Program Manager;
- Creates a safe, pleasant, creative and non-threatening recreational environment;
- Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with residents and other staff members.
- Recruits residents to participate in programs;
- Monitors and documents resident participation in activities, and reports any changes in activity levels.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- One to three years’ related experience in a retirement residence or health care environment is preferred;
- Customer service experience required;
- Graduate of a post secondary education program relating to recreation, gerontology or social work, or demonstrated related experience;
- Knowledge of risk management issues;
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the delivery of diverse social services and volunteer programs;
- Ability to multi-task, customer service oriented and possesses conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships;
- Demonstrates empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors and possesses an understanding of the aging process. Also demonstrates an appreciation and understanding of the background and needs of individual residents;
- Computer literate with knowledge of related software programs;
- Must possess a valid Provincial drivers’ license;
- Current First Aid Certificate is an asset.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Chartwell Retirement Residences's offers that may interest you