We are seeking for an Veterinarian for our department of Veterinary for our site located in Sherbrooke.
The following are Responsibilities:
- Provide professional expertise within a multidisciplinary team in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices and organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- To provide optimal medical care as per accepted veterinary practices, and to remain current with diagnostic procedures/tests and medical treatments, as applicable to laboratory animal medicine.
- To review and optimize the health monitoring and surveillance program to protect the health and welfare of animals and personnel.
- Involvement in the occupational health and safety program for vivarium staff.
- To provide technical expertise and veterinary oversight for a/l procedures related to surgery in live animals.
- To perform Veterinary examinations on study for data collection.
- To participate to animal ethical use and to the elaboration of animal welfare program. May serve as clinical veterinarian on local Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- To participate and elaborate training sessions for technical staff (e.g. zoonoses, aseptic technique, biocontainment level practices) sessions for technical staff. May provide practical training for technical staff, as necessary.
- To provide professional expertise for guidance on procedures and techniques used on live animals.
- To help train and mentor new clinical veterinarians.
- To provide input on adequacy of physical facilities, environmental enrichment, competency of personnel and equipment used on live animals.
- To review and optimize all SOPs related to experimental animal care and use, and to create when necessary, SOPs to optimize practices for animal health and welfare.
- May provide veterinary oversight (including management of controlled substances) to act as Alternate Qualified Person in Charge (AQPIC) for controlled drugs.
The following are minimum qualifications:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine diploma (DVM) and member in good standing with the Ordre des Médecins Vétérinaires du Québec.
- The candidate should be analytical, have an excellent sense of organization, be able to multitask
- Be able to work within a team and possess excellent communications skills in both French and English.