This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
A great place to develop an interesting career!
Chameleon Innovations is a medium-sized, family owned and managed manufacturing business. We take pride in our quality products and after-sales service. Since 1996, we have engaged in continuous in-house engineering and development of innovative rolling tarps for transport and industrial retractable enclosure solutions. Chameleon is a team driven to deliver innovative products that solve common problems in transportation and industry. Our products are derived from the need to make people’s lives easier.. and we do!
This position will provide an opportunity for growth within the organization for the right candidate.Reporting to the Production Supervisor the Assembler/Welder operates welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Welds assembled raw materials and assemble a wide variety of parts, components, assemblies and sub-assemblies and finished parts for Chameleon Innovations products in the metal shop or service center.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) and oxy-acetylene welding (OAW). Lead the fabrication of assigned Chameleon Innovations assemblies, sub-assemblies, products, installations, repairs and orders; inspect finish products according to the production plans and schedule and sub-assembly requirements to ensure quality, on-time delivery and cost.
- Follows methods and standard work as assigned and applicable
- Move tools, equipment, and other materials to and from work areas
- Clean work areas and equipment, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures, CSST and other safety compliance bodies as applicable
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment Operate metal fabrication type machinery (Shear, Brake, Piranha, Drill, Grinder, etc)
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school Trade school certificate (welder) or equivalent experience
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or equivalent experience
- Good mathematical skills
- Must be meticulous and detail oriented
- Ability to read, interpret and build to order systems based on drawings
- Positive attitude
- Physical strength is required
- Bilingual English/French would be considered an asset but is not n3ecessary as long as the candidate can read and write in either French or English.
- Knowledge of CSST and other regulatory compliance related to this position would be considered an asset
- ASP Construction certificate position would be considered an asset
- Trade school certificate (welder) and/or the completion of a three-year apprenticeship program
Fr : Beginner
En : Intermediate
Internal reference No. DL4
Other Chameleon Innovations's offers that may interest you