This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you have a groundbreaking spirit and thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join our team!
As a member of the architecture and transformation team, your involvement as Network Cloud Specialist will help us deliver excellent network and cloud solutions to our customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Act as network domain specialist defining technical solutions, estimate costs and transition efforts.
• Produce network & cloud designs based on business needs expressed by clients, in collaboration with service providers.
• Assist clients in translating business requirements into technical requirements.
• Produce detailed design documents from network & cloud architectures.
• Participate in network & cloud transitions from one service provider to another.
• Collaborate with various partners (architects, SCRUM Masters, internal customers, operations...) concerning projects, implementations and operations support.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Data network designs (LAN, WAN, wireless, datacenter, SDN)
• Cloud network designs (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
• Technical Analysis
• Requirements Analysis
• Extensive hands-on knowledge in networks (LAN / WAN) and telecommunications;
• Knowledge of the OSI model and the main network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SDN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2, VLAN, VTP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, Spanning tree, FabricPath etc.);
• Knowledge of cloud network (Azure VNet, AWS VPC)
• Knowledge of virtual networking (SDN, NFV, Virtual contexts)
• Thorough knowledge of the management and support of routers, switches, load balancer to and next-generation firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Citrix, etc.)
• Knowledge of wireless technologies;
• Knowledge of unified communications technologies;
• Knowledge of authentication mechanisms (Radius, Tacacs, etc.);
• Knowledge of VPN technologies (IPSec remote access solutions to various customer sites);
• Experience in producing network & cloud designs;
• Experience in the implementation and support of network operations;
• Knowledge of the Atlassian platform (JIRA, Confluence).
Requirements: (Soft skills, diplomas and certificates)
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience with network and/or cloud infrastructures;
• Technical certifications (Cisco, Checkpoint, AWS, Azure etc.) would be an asset;
• Capacity to produce user documentation in a clear and concise manner;
• Ability to implement sophisticated business solutions, taking into account both technical and financial aspects;
• Ability to prioritize information and produce quality work;
• Facility to negotiate and resolve conflicts in sensitive business contexts;
• Attention to detail with respect to production;
• Make informed decisions based on the elements in place;
• Ability to communicate to an executive level with the various technical and business partners;
• Good teamwork skills and ability to work well in a changing environment.
• English and French is preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other CGI Group's offers that may interest you