This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Looking for an opportunity with Mainframe, API, and UI test automation in the Canadian Banking domain with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company? Please see details below and apply if you fit the bill!
• Working as a professional IT consultant in the field of software testing with a geographically spread team for one of the Big Five (Canadian Banks).
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Business OR Diploma in IT and/or Business with equivalent IT experience
• 3-4 years of Mainframe testing experience.
• Hands on experience in using Mainframe files
• Hands on experience in using IMS DB.
• Strong knowledge on RDBMS concepts and advanced SQL.
• Strong knowledge in running JCL's, creating host input files and checking job output/logs.
• Working experience with ParaSoft SOATest for API and Web Service testing with custom scripting.
• Hands on experience on version control using Git and CI/CD
• Working experience with functional automation test tools, specifically Selenium
• Strong understanding of OOP and Core Java
• Working experience with industry standard test management tools (ex. JIRA, Micro Focus ALM, etc.)
• Working knowledge of BDD
• Working experience in Canadian Banking
• Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact directly with Client Stakeholders, Senior Management, and/or our technology partners
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Requires the ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
• Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
Nice to Have:
• ISTQB Certified Foundation Level (and/or other industry recognized testing certifications)
• SAFe (and/or other industry recognized agile certifications) certifications
• Basic knowledge on Zeke/CA7 scheduling.
• TDM- any test data management tool
Other Skills & Experience:
• Working experience in Agile methodologies
• Test strategy and test plan preparation
• Triage defects
• Review automation approach and recommend best practices
• Ahere to prescribed testing processes
• Identify, assess, and address risks
• Ensure timely notification of issues/problems and make recommendations for issue/problem resolution
• Log defects and document results using tool such as Jira and confluence
At CGI, we offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. All CGI employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company - in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients - and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
- Automated Testing
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Functional Testing
- Test Case / Script Development
- Web Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other CGI Group's offers that may interest you