This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
Among IT providers, few have achieved CGI's position as a steadfast advisor to the most recognized organizations across the world. CGI provides a full stream of IT Consulting Services such as Applications Development, Applications Maintenance, IT Managed Services, Cloud Consulting and Management Consulting.
CGI is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect working with Azure & AWS Platforms who will work with multiple clients in a variety of industries on cloud strategy, architecture, migration, operations and implementation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a CGI member in our Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Vancouver or Victoria office, you will work directly with a large team of experienced Software Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and subject matter experts to support you on your journey. You will become a key member of our Emerging Technologies team and drive forward the delivery of some of the most exciting projects in Western Canada. This role will design primarily Azure or AWS solutions and help grow our cloud practice.
• Design cloud solutions for clients
• Implement cloud solutions, including cloud migrations (applications and/or infrastructure)
• Provide strategies and guidance based on cloud experience
• Support clients with cloud operations evolution, including DevOps
• Collaborate with clients and team members from all levels
• Participate in multiple assignments at the same time
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Successfully graduated from a Computer Science/Information Technology program at a post-secondary institution
• Certified Azure and/or AWS Architect
• Demonstrated experience in hands on cloud projects
• TOGAF certification
• Experienced Solution Architect with a business focus
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent oral, written and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment with limited supervision
• Azure or AWS PaaS application experience
• DevOps Automation (e.g. infrastructure as code such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
• Configuration Management (e.g. Git)
• Containerization Tool (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
• CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps Pipelines)
• Version Control (e.g. Git, Git Hub, Azure DevOps)
• Monitoring Tools (e.g. Nagios, ELK, Splunk, Elastic)
• Methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL and Waterfall)
• Cloud Technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, RedHat, OpenStack)
• Ability to work hands-on as project member
Nice To Have:
• Agile certifications
• Solution Architecture certifications
• SOA certifications
• Cybersecurity certifications
• Data Architecture experience
• IoT architecture experience
• Business Architecture experience
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Cloud architect
- Microsoft Azure
- Solution Design
- Solutions Architecture
- Strategy work
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other CGI Group's offers that may interest you