This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Are you a creative thinker who enjoys designing complex data models and data-centric solutions? Do you have passion for solving business problems in collaboration with technical and non-technical counterparts in an agile environment that blends the start-up spirit with the scale of an enterprise organization? If so, then the following position may be a great fit for you.
A key member of the Dayforce Data & Analytics team, the Data Architect is going to be responsible for conceiving, designing and implementing data frameworks for the Data & Analytics team. The Data Architect will collaborate with Developers, Product Managers and other stakeholders from many teams in order to reimagine our data models and analytics. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
The Data & Analytics team is a team comprised of high caliber, hands-on data engineers and software professionals who aim to provide data access and insights for our internal teams and customers. The team enables the utilization of Dayforce’s data for analysis, reporting and insights by building a performant and scalable data platform.
• Analyze, conceptualize and visualize data frameworks, drive definition of the data model for the product suite
• Collaborate and partner across teams inside and outside Dayforce Engineering to understand their needs and transform the way they leverage database/data lake/analytics and data science technologies
• Research, evaluate, design, and prototype solutions based on leading edge technologies
• Enable and deliver scalable SaaS enterprise architecture
• Lead change by finding innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through compelling data tools and frameworks
• Mentor other team members in data technologies
• 8+ years of experience in data platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Experience building complex and highly scalable SaaS solutions
• Deep understanding of cloud-based data capabilities in AWS and Azure
• Business acumen to conduct strategic discussions about business and technical challenges at an enterprise level with technical and non-technical audiences
• Expertise in MS SQL Server, experience with Azure Advanced Analytics and Power BI
• Experience with various SQL and no-SQL technologies (Spark, Mongo), Apache tools and the ecosystem, including Flume, Kafka, Solr and others
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Ceridian's offers that may interest you