This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations and Delivery, the Agile Coach is a seasoned software development leader with deep understanding of Agile principles and practices, and a track record of identifying and driving change and continuous improvement. The Agile Coach will work with the product management and development teams that are building Dayforce HCM and related software products. Dayforce HCM is a comprehensive, modern cloud human capital management (HCM) software platform for managing the entire employee lifecycle.
This position can be located anywhere in North America.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Agile software delivery processes and Agile engineering practices throughout the software development lifecycle, including agile portfolio management, information radiation, backlog creation and maintenance, emergent design, and safe refactoring.
- Provide consultation and guidance on Agile principles and practices to product development teams across the organization in order to improve their ability to foster self-organizing, high-performing teams and to deliver high-quality software quickly
- Train and coach product owners,Scrum Masters, Scrum teams, developers, development leaders, and stakeholders
- Lead by example and model values and behaviors that come with an Agile mind set including servant leadership
- Lead efforts to define, document, and promote best practices, share expertise, and establish cross-team standards and practices
- Lead the Scrum Community of Practice
- Identify and implement metrics that support the goals we are trying to achieve
- Challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Track new and emerging Agile and DevOps software development practices and tools, selecting those that would be most beneficial and working collaboratively to incorporate them into our teams’ practices
- Create and maintain documentation and facilitate presentations to all levels of the organization
- Lead special projects as needed
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Active listener, able to understand the needs of the people you’re working with
- Excellent collaboration and consulting skills
- Ability to inspire, motivate and train teams and individuals on Agile methods, including Scrum
- Ability to lead with influence, build consensus and move people to action
- A change agent with a track record of driving process improvement
- Highly organized, disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration in a dynamic environment
- Strong presentation skills - ability to present a message clearly and succinctly to business stakeholders, product leaders and team members
- Hands-on experience in the delivery of software applications
- Experience coaching multiple Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Expert facilitation skills - effective at facilitating meetings, Agile workshops and ceremonies, and able to teach concepts and ideas
- Experience implementing team level (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) and scaled agile frameworks (e.g. LeSS, DAD, SAFe, etc.)
- Experience with development tools such as Azure DevOps and Jira
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and techniques
- Experience with Agile portfolio management and tools is a plus
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Ceridian's offers that may interest you