For more than 40 years, CDI College has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada, thanks to its commitment to quality education and the success of its students. Our rich history includes an alumni of thousands of successful graduates who embark on careers rich in opportunity. We are happy to say that we are looking for a Student Services Coordinator to join our team!
The purpose of the Student Services Coordinator position is to monitor and advise students on their academic progress, and to provide administrative support to maintain the efficient operations of the campus. Under general supervision, the Student Services Coordinator is responsible for providing assistance, advice and guidance to support the academic needs of students. This position also performs a variety of administrative duties to ensure and maintain the efficient operations of the campus.
Specifically, the Student Services Coordinator is responsible for:
- Contributing to and monitoring the quality of the student academic experience
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Managing the Book Hub
- Performing other related duties as required
To be successful in the Student Services Coordinator position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post-secondary education.
- A minimum of three years' office experience in a service-oriented environment.
- Experience in a private post-secondary environment considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keyboarding speed at 40wpm with accuracy
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to troubleshoot minor computer problems
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Ability to use various office equipment including fax and photocopy machines
- Ability to handle a multi-line telephone switchboard
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good judgement and ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods
- Knowledge of the provincial Student Assistance Program
- Understanding of the programs and services provided by the organization
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service
- Overtime during peak periods may be required
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other CDI College's offers that may interest you