This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in close to 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CS+ INC.
Backed by more than 50 years of experience in industrial operations within Cascades, Cascades CS+ offers a unique array of project management and engineering services to the various Cascades units, as well as to other businesses. Its wide range of expertise allows it to offer advisory services for optimizing products and processes, managing and delivering projects, supporting energy efficiency, and refurbishing used equipment.
We are looking for licensed skilled Millwright who has experience with industrial environment. The successful candidate will have a strong Health and Safety behaviours, We are looking for a individuals whose values reflect our own to join our team.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for safe execution of the following functions:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans and using hand and power equipment
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including trouble shooting and repairs to all mill equipment in a timely manner
- Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all maintenance operations
- Work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality, efficiency and availability while minimizing maintenance cost and unscheduled downtime
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Millwright Certificate(433A)
- Experience in manufacturing industry (papermill experience an asset but not mandatory)
- Machining, Tig and Stick welding, Hydraulics, Pneumatics
- Able to diagnose mechanical problems and expedite repair
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety regulations and able to work both safely and efficiently
- Able to work on day shift with rotating weekend schedule (shift rotation and schedule is subject to change with notice)
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 559531400
Other Cascades's offers that may interest you