This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES SPECIALTY PRODUCTS GROUP
The Specialty Products Group, a division of Cascades, is a leader in the industrial packaging, food packaging and recovery sectors. The Group has 38 business units across North America and Europe and employs more than 2,200 employees.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain blown film extrusion equipment by complying with below listed duties
- Perform job sets up, adjustments, startups and shutdowns in accordance with specifications and standard operating procedures
- Adjust the operating speed of extruders to meet optimal targets set by company
- Assist/perform with equipment PMs
- Perform a variety of duties related to safe and successful operation of extruders and auxiliary equipment, including blenders, vacuum loading systems, roll carts, skid wrappers etc.
- Monitor/inspect/report safety, film quality, production and equipment condition by effectively using SAP, MES and Machine Board systems and reports like Extrusion Setup Checklist, Transition Sheets etc.
- Report findings to Supervisor or Specialist and work with them to resolve any cause of defect.
- Ensure quality of film and raw materials meet or exceed customer and company standards
- Participate in cross training on other company equipment
- Follow established safety protocols, report any H&S issues and assist in near miss or accident investigations
- Wear all personal safety equipment as required by company
- Maintain clean and safe conditions around work areas and equipment
- Must be willing to work 12-hour day and night shifts
- Must be able to work overtime as required beyond standard work hours
- Be able to lift 50lb of weight and standing for extended period
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of blow film extrusion, multilayer experience is ideal
- Basic knowledge of blown film extrusion raw materials
- Proficiency in reading, writing and basic math is a must
- Must be able to read ruler and measure in US/metric standards
- Must be able to use basic lab equipment like dart, thickness, COF tester, etc.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 563901700
Other Cascades's offers that may interest you