This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Cascades Containerboard Packaging- Bird is seeking a licensed, self-starting Electrician to complement our Maintenance team on day shift. Based out of Guelph, this position will require travel to support our other sheet plant operations within South-Western Ontario. This includes, Guelph, Windsor and Kitchener.
Working at Cascades
- Dynamic mandates with great potential for professional growth
- Mentoring with experienced professionals
- The possibility of working in a large multinational
- Competitive compensation as well as a wide range of attractive benefits
- A workplace of the future where we build a greener world
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment according to PM Schedule
- Execute electrical repairs according to specifications and verbal direction
- Implement improvements and/ or modifications to existing equipment.
- Identify and perform corrective maintenance that could lead to downtime or line stoppage.
- Provide detailed information regarding any required parts or tools that may be required.
- Perform PLC Installations, integration, improvements, modifications and start ups for the production line.
- Troubleshoot PLC drivers and controls
- Document findings for future reference
- Comply with Company safety rules, and OHSA regulations
- Must be a licensed Industrial Electrician (442A).
- Experience with PLC logic in the following: Siemens 7, HMI
- Familiar with material handling systems, conveyor systems, pumps, gearboxes, drive systems and industrial automation.
- Experience using tools specific to the trade.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of Lock-Out, Tag- Out procedures
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read electrical prints and OEM documentation
- Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Understand the cause and effect of downtime to the production line.
- Ability to travel
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 703841500
Other Cascades's offers that may interest you