This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Our mill in Trenton, Ontario, located on the bank of the Trent River, boasts a 90 year history. We are looking for a skilled Electrician to join our team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor - Electrical, this role is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- assist in the inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of new systems and ensure they conform to company and industry standards
- execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all production equipment and systems in a timely manner
- utilize the computerized maintenance management system for processing work orders, PM's and updating the equipment databases
- provide technical support for production and maintenance
- support divisional and corporate objectives including health & safety, productivity, continuous improvement, innovation, quality, waste and 5S.
- post-secondary education in an electrical, electronics or instrumentation program with 309A or 442A Electrical Certification
- 2 years of work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- proven experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, Siemens/Moore DCS, AC and DC drive systems and some Autocad experience is preferred
- exceptional troubleshooting and technical skills
- energetic and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and possesses a strong safety focus
- proficient in Microsoft Office applications and maintenance management software
- available and flexible to work in a fast paced environment, be self-driven to meet or exceed targets and work a flexible schedule that includes planned, unplanned and on-call shifts
The hours of work for this position are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday with a rotational on-call requirement. Employees are expected to respond within 30 minutes of a page.
The present rate of pay per the Unifor Local 1470 collective agreement is $34.00/hr.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine gender in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Cascades's offers that may interest you