This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
As a Controller - Succession team, you will be called upon to work closely with an experienced controller who will support you in your daily activities and involve you in ongoing matters. You will perform tasks related to general accounting and will e involved in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements. The position includes a mentoring and coaching period of approximately 2-3 years. Following the mentoring period, you will be called upon to assume the role of controller in one of our units where you will be responsible for all accounting activities.
- Prepare and execute month-end quarter-en processes;
- Actively participate in the preparation and analysis of financial results and balance sheets;
- Prepare financial statements;
- Contribute to the preparation of the budget and forecasts and ensure their follow-up;
- Ensure the reliability and completeness of the financial information produced;
- Develop management and decision-making tools;
- Participate in various special projects;
- Monitor and share best practices in your specialty within the organization.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Have a bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting option;
- A CPA accounting designation is an asset (or in the process of being obtained);
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Excel environment;
- Knowledge and mastery of SAP is an asset;
- Demonstrate initiative and curiosity in order to be able to question and learn the different procedures inherent in the responsibilities of the position;
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate a great rigor;
- Ability to work with deadlines and a changing environment;
- Be perfectly bilingual (French, English).
The candidate must be mobile upon his first mandate in order to pursue his training within another Cascades Containerboard Packaging 'unit.
- Work on dynamic mandates with great potential for professional growth;
- Access to mentoring with experienced professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a major Canadian multinational company;
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of attractive salary benefits;
- A workplace of the future where a greener world is built.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 689208300
Other Cascades's offers that may interest you