This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Operations Lead will lead all production/operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. We seek a multifaceted professional to fulfill this crucial role for delivering on the production plan for a designated site ensuring that safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met. In this role, you will lead continuous improvement activities within production.
- Monitor overall manufacturing operational results (i.e. yields, consumables, efficiencies and cost figures) and takes appropriate action to stay on track with budgets and other agreed targets.
- Accountable for overseeing execution and delivery of production commitments for the site.
- Ensure safety of the production facility. Liaises with internal and external resources to drive towards a zero harm culture for accident or illness within the manufacturing function. Ensure that operational compliance with environmental health and safety requirements are met.
- Ensure operational compliance with food safety and quality are met.
- Process analysis for machines and equipment
- Provide leadership and mentor our team allowing development of strong leaders at all levels to ensure succession and capability for a more diverse workforce.
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement together with timely root cause analysis of non standard conditions.
- Ensure ongoing review of key performance indicators with focus on continuous improvements in site operational targets.
- You will work with the team, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’sdegree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years ofrelated work experience
- Legally entitled to workfor Cargill in Canada
- Otherminimum qualifications may apply
- Experiencedoing analysis for machines and equipment
- Confirmed skills inorganizational development and people management
- Confirmedability to lead people through the change management cycle
- Two years of supervisoryexperience
- Establishedskills in continuous improvement
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Cargill's offers that may interest you