This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in business and personal banking, trust, and wealth management across Canada. Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we’re accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We’re incredibly proud of the work we do every day to help our clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their financial potential! Learn more at http://www.cwb.com.
Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA)
Remote Work Available
Note: The external title has been changed to align with industry standards. The internal job title will be: Senior Funds Transfer Pricing Specialist
At CWB, we strive to build value for the people who choose us every day: our people, our clients and our investors. We do this by holding true to the values that guide us. We put people first and build relationships with intention. We seek out and embrace new ideas, knowing that better is always possible. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. And we harness the power of inclusion. Our culture is who we are and how we show up - as individuals and as a team - to accomplish our strategy.
This is an individual contributor role, working alongside the AVP, Financial Planning and Analysis and other senior leaders to collaboratively build out and provide a direct impact on the creation of processes and procedures related to the implementation of CWB’s FTP capabilities. The Senior Analyst will provide critical management accounting analysis, input and support throughout the entire life cycle of the implementation of CWB’s FTP profitability reporting, including the development and design, operationalization and stabilization phases.
What your day will look like
- Design, develop and produce FTP profitability reporting and financial analysis at a branch, business line and product level suitable for regional, senior and executive management.
- Provide input into ongoing analysis to support strategic decision-making related to maximizing net interest income and improving CWB’s overall profitability.
- Provide input into ongoing analysis to support the Business in optimizing branch and product level financial performance.
- Support the integration of the FTP framework into reporting tools and accounting systems used by the Business to evaluate the profitability of new client relationships or the launch of new products or services.
- Develop policies and procedures related to FTP profitability reporting to assist stakeholders in understanding the key drivers behind CWB’s performance.
- Consistently provide the Business with thoughtful, insightful and timely responses to various FTP-related queries.
- Focus on streamlining and automating ongoing FTP profitability reporting and providing meaningful analysis and recommendations to the Business.
- Be a Trusted Financial Partner, recognizing internal and external clients’ sense of urgency and priority through effective collaboration and support of this key forward-looking strategic initiative.
- Assist with project communications, including status reports to the Board and the Business. Provide Senior Leaders with timely updates on project issues/risks.
- Collaborate with AVP, Financial Analysis in considering whether existing reporting tools and processes are sufficient to accommodate the integration of the FTP framework into ongoing management reporting and analysis. Make recommendations for required enhancements or replacements of existing tools or processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Treasury, Client Solutions and Information Management Analytics to develop solutions, identify efficiencies and/or share knowledge to further enhance CWB’s FTP profitability reporting processes and analyses.
- Develop a process to analyse and report balances that accumulate in the ‘mismatch centre’, which is overseen by Treasury and contains the balancing entries from the integration of FTP into the Business.
- Seek out industry trends and organizational knowledge to understand alternative approaches and/or solutions as decision points arise throughout the implementation of FTP profitability reporting.
- Clearly communicate FTP profitability results.
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically, professionally and respectfully in all dealings.
What you will bring to this role
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; a Chartered Professional Accountant designation is required.
- Demonstrated participation in continuing professional development.
- Previous banking or financial services experience. Experience within management accounting and/or treasury management considered an asset.
- Experience in the development of models, documentation of assumptions and process mapping considered an asset.
- Minimum of five years previous management reporting experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience contributing to large, cross-functional projects and/or leading Finance-specific initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with external and internal stakeholders as well as the ability to relate to people of all backgrounds and at all levels.
- Strong analytical capability and the ability to comprehend and articulate complex business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously and to thrive under pressure.
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while maintaining accuracy, timeliness, responsiveness and insight in all areas of work.
- Intermediate/advanced skills in the use of Excel, Power Query, Power BI and other software programs necessary to complete the work of the position.
Why work with us?
Go further. Ignite your career. Apply now.
Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2020
Your voice matters. Help us shape our voice around important social & cultural matters.
The opportunity to make a difference. Make an impact. Put your mark on the CWB landscape.
Flexible work arrangements. Make work make sense for you. Remote work. Relocation. Compressed work weeks & more!
Physical health and mental fitness are priorities. Generous time away to practice self-care and family-care with 100% company paid benefit & support programs.
Community giving. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience that results in a powerful outcome.
Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB we play to win. When we fail, we fail forward.
Connection. Join, participate, lead an employee regulated group (ERG). Find a community within the CWB family.
Organization wide coaching services. Strategic career design is something we work hard to deliver for all employees.
Recognition. Peer to peer recognition program. Both “in the moment” and monumental!
Financial rewards. Yup! We pay you too. Base plus performance incentives. In fact, this role has incentives on top of incentives!!
Retirement investment strategy. You can’t work forever, so we have a RRSP contribution & matching program with financial advisors at the ready to help you make the most of your wealth.
Company ownership. The knowledge and opportunity to impact the bottom line and be rewarded for it - every day, with our employee share purchase plan.
Great Places To Work. CWB recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada
Discover CWB. Find your purpose. Apply today.
All applicants are welcome, and we expressly encourage applicants to apply who identify as women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities (including physical, mental, sensory, learning impairment, etc.), Indigenous peoples (including First Nations, Metis and Inuit), LGBTQ2S+ and/or racialized persons. We are specifically seeking diversity in this role, because at CWB we believe that inclusion has power, and we’re looking for some unique perspectives to add to this area of our business. We have a culture that thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration, respect, caring and camaraderie. If you have a voice to add to the conversation, we’d love you to apply.Closing Date:
* Position closes at 12:01am on indicated close date04/12/2021Inclusion & Diversity
CWB Financial Group is committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, gender and sexual minorities, and ethnic visible minorities. We believe that inclusion has power. In fact, that’s one of our values. We know that diverse teams unleash new ideas and perspectives. We work to create an organization where people can be proud of who they are, and allies for those around them. We know that there is power in our differences and we are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees, applicants and clients. And beyond that, we celebrate our people and those differences.
We're proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, and we're always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We have a strong ethics program, a mandatory Respect in the Workplace eLearning program, comprehensive policies related to employment equity, and a strategy and an going strategy to ensure diversity and inclusion thrives at CWB.Accessibility
CWB Financial Group is committed to providing all applicants with equal accessibility. Believing that inclusion has power, we strive to create an accessible environment for all, focused on the principles of independence, dignity, and equality. If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment and selection process (from application to offer) please submit your request here and one of our recruiters will reach out to you directly.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Western Bank's offers that may interest you