This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in business and personal banking, trust, and wealth management across Canada. Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we’re accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We’re incredibly proud of the work we do every day to help our clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their financial potential! Learn more at http://www.cwb.com.
Canadian Western Bank’s Credit Support Group is having a major growth spurt! What does this mean for you? Opportunity, of course!
We are looking for someone who inspires change - dynamic individuals who want to be part of an exciting new group that will help us support our branches like never before. In our new Regional Centres, located in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver, chip in as part of the team, by providing varied services to Canadian Western Bank's loan portfolio in a regionally centralized environment.
Located in Edmonton, the Loan Support Specialist is responsible for contributing to the loan support team, loan origination and servicing Canadian Western Bank's loan portfolio. This role will support the Manager, Loan Support to drive a high level of quality and standards, risk management, and strong data integrity. In this role, you will support the organizational transition from a decentralized to centralized credit support process.Be what you want to be - with CWB Financial Group.
Here is a glimpse into what your career could look like with us!What you will be responsible for:
- Support and champion continuous improvement measures for all Credit Support processes specific to loan administration, maintenance and funding
- Support various areas of responsibility such as:
- Reviewing client documentation management using WAVE
- Reviewing shareholder ownership documentation
- Utilizing WAVE to setup customer and request levels
- Collateral valuation and providing input
- Reviewing potential exposure and risk mitigation
- Establish a reciprocal and client-centric relationship with the credit support department and branch network while stabilizing the efficiencies and governance of a standardized structure.
- Correspond with branches both verbally and in writing regarding centralized loan processing and branch inquiries
- Ensure smooth daily operations and maintenance of consistent centralized service workflow.
- Ensure standardized loan administration processes are followed and data integrity is consistently achieved, monitored and maintained.
- Diploma in Business Administration including financial accounting and financial statement analysis course
- Minimum 3-5 years commercial credit and support experience.
- Knowledge of commercial lending, loan administration and credit processes.
- Experience in loan administration, collateral securities, credit processes, and complex commercial loans.
- Knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, regulations, documentation, compliance issues, collateral securities and audit requirements.
- Strong knowledge of the Banking System, Loan Origination Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Forms.
- Understanding of banking products for retail and commercial banking, in addition to equipment financing
- Customer focused, with ability to engage in and drive multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast paced, high volume, work environment.
- Identify efficiencies and continuous improvement opportunities that align with corporate culture.
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to diffuse challenging situations and find common ground.
- Respectful, dedicated, and self-motivated teammate with experience in peer-to-peer coaching and mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact expertly with a diverse group of partners in a non-client facing environment
- The opportunity to make a difference - our culture thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration and the ability to create impact.
- Rewarding, enterprising and engaging atmosphere where you will be able to see your contributions at work.
- Understanding balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have when they’re not at work and we support that.
- An award-winning benefits packages that includes 100% company-funded health coverage (dental, vision and prescriptions), health care spending account, a flexible wellness program and CWB Balance Day (extra day off with pay!).
- The majority of our branches enjoy a Monday-Friday day time schedule.
- Our commitment to your success and development: On-going career conversations and personalized professional growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary
- Continual learning opportunities and professional development training to grow your talent and realize your aspirations and potential.
* Position closes at 12:01am on indicated close date10/22/2020Inclusion & Diversity
CWB Financial Group is committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, gender and sexual minorities, and ethnic visible minorities. We believe that inclusion has power. In fact, that’s one of our values. We know that diverse teams unleash new ideas and perspectives. We work to create an organization where people can be proud of who they are, and allies for those around them. We know that there is power in our differences and we are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees, applicants and clients. And beyond that, we celebrate our people and those differences.
We're proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, and we're always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We have a strong ethics program, a mandatory Respect in the Workplace eLearning program, comprehensive policies related to employment equity, and a strategy and an going strategy to ensure diversity and inclusion thrives at CWB.Accessibility
CWB Financial Group is committed to providing all applicants with equal accessibility. Believing that inclusion has power, we strive to create an accessible environment for all, focused on the principles of independence, dignity, and equality. If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment and selection process (from application to offer) please submit your request here and one of our recruiters will reach out to you directly.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Western Bank's offers that may interest you