This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Senior Threat Hunting Specialist
Our Cybersecurity team plays a critical role in our evolution to connected retail, as we transform to serve customers on the platforms they want to be served. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization involves expanding our use of cutting-edge technologies across our 13 company banners, to securely bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online, and through mobile devices. Ultimately, we’re improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty from our 9 million credit card members. The payoff? We handled over 600 million website visits and securely processed over $500 million in e-commerce sales in the last year.
Canadian Tire's Cybersecurity team is a tight-knit community of architects, leaders, project managers, purveyors of governance, and integrators. We welcome members from a variety of backgrounds, with perspectives from the military and police organizations to software and product development.
The world is changing and so is the way we interact with our customers. We’ve overhauled our business overnight to meet the needs of our customers through COVID-19, and supported over 15,000 employees to work from home.
What we bring
- Flexible working hours and remote work options
- Competitive total rewards package with health and dental flex dollars, a discounted gym membership and employee store discount
- Profit-sharing and other performance recognition programs
- Social responsibility through our commitment to communities and sustainability
- World-class leadership, with thought leaders from the Cybersecurity space working in-house
- The opportunity to work with innovative minds. We love to fix problems!
From petroleum to banking, there's meaningful work, unique career journeys, and autonomy to work on a breadth of interesting projects.
What you can expect from the role
The Senior Security Specialist (Threat Hunting) is a strategic hunter responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and communicating threats across all banners for CTC.
- Assess and communicate real-time analytic judgments regarding specific threats in grammatically correct, concise, and timely briefings
- Prepare briefing materials, including ad-hoc executive brief and specific issue briefings
- Monitor and review daily incident reports to identify trends and visualize data graphically
- Analyze large data sets to conclude necessary changes to the client’s security posture
- Organizing detections in the framework of MITRE ATT&CK.
- Development of scripts and/or automation to facilitate collection and analysis of data as required
- Actively participate in retail Threat Intelligence communities to stay informed of emerging threats and share information with others
- Driver in evolving the Threat Hunting program in CTC
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and Threat Hunting processes and procedures, and maintain records, files, and databases
- Determine the significance and reliability of incoming information
- Participate in group meetings and present threat assessments to senior management
- Handle multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously while maintaining the highest analytical standards
- Providing expert-level support for large scale or complex security incidents. Documenting best practices for threat hunting and detection development
- Maintain prompt communication with relevant stakeholders
What you’ve done
We’ll show you the ropes, but we also want to learn from you! Tell us about your experience in the following:
- 7+ years’ of technical experience in a large enterprise environment with demonstrated ability to analyze complex security threats.
- 2+ years’ of threat hunting and modeling experience working within an enterprise’s cybersecurity environment
- Experience with or exposure to application security best practices such as secure coding, security testing techniques
- Solid understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, deployment services, Windows OS, UNIX environments, and other infrastructure services
- Knowledge of network technologies - Firewalls, routers, switches
- Knowledge of application, network, and platform security practices
- Excellent writing and presentation skills to facilitate communication of vulnerabilities, priorities, and other escalation points to various stakeholders
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies in a rapidly changing operations environment
- Detail-Oriented, organized, methodical, and Figure it Out skills with an analytical thought process
- Certification in Security is preferred (e.g. CISSP, CEH)
Sound like you? Join our world of retail and tackle some of our most complex problems!
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd's offers that may interest you