This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business - and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Our Technology team plays a critical role in our evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty.
The Canadian Tire Mobile Development team is looking for a passionate Android app developer who is excited to build best-in-class, exciting digital experiences for the Canadian Tire Corporation, its partners, and its customers.
What you’ll do
Our Sr. Android developer will join the mobile team and be a key member in contributing evolve our suite of apps by adopting the latest technologies and capabilities. This individual has a solid understanding of the Android technologies and development toolset. This individual is expected to:
- Write code using best practices that aligns with the overall architecture, is reusable and responsive in order to produce high quality app features
- Work closely with fellow developers, product owners and designers
- Maintain the existing codebase through refactoring
- Dig deep to troubleshoot and resolve bugs
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, openly communicate using various tools and leverage delivery tools to share updates and documentation (Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, growing and dynamic environment
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of Android development using Java (or Kotlin) and writing unit/UI tests
- Familiarity with the native components, SDKs and APIs available in Android/NDK
- Familiarity with integrating third party libraries and frameworks
- Familiarity with continuous development practices and tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of various architectural patterns (MVVM, MVP)
- Proficiency with the latest Android Studio version and its toolset (simulators, performance instrumentation etc)
- Familiarity with JSON data structures and REST APIs
- Proficiency with git and code control tools
- Knowledge of Accessibility features and related APIs is a nice to have
- General understanding of secure coding in Android, mobile payments, and analytics
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart - these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd's offers that may interest you