This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business - and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
The Associate Vice President, Cyber Threat Management will provide leadership focused on cultivating an industry leading incident intelligence, discovery, response and recovery organization. Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer, you will be a key leader of the Cyber Security team, driving strategic direction while continuously providing assurance of the safety and soundness of the entire organization.
What you’ll do
- Lead the implementation and operations of people, process and tools to model, hunt, discover, investigate, respond and recover from cyber-attacks and incidents
- Guide and coordinate complicated investigations and recovery activity with a broad team of security specialists
- Apply deep knowledge of potential threats, vulnerabilities and actual cyber-attacks that may target the enterprise to drive hunting and discovery activities
- Attract cybersecurity talent from a diverse background to ensure deep experience and skills to mobilize against attacks
- Contribute to risk assessments, policies, controls and overall organizational cyber readiness based on industry intelligence and incident outcomes
- Contribute to the development, implementation, adoption and improvement of security capabilities in collaboration with security and organizational stakeholders
- Define technical capability objectives and key success metrics to continuously measure performance of security services to inform the success of strategies to internal stakeholders and senior management
- Provide leadership and overall direction by fostering a high-performing team environment
- Communicate and evangelize cybersecurity best practices to involve both external and internal entities in the betterment of the industry
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail and banking environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Detail driven leader with a track record of delivering on time and to budget large scale capability uplifts
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Inclusive leaders who build and develop teams that effectively anticipate and respond to disruption, while consistently delivering strong performance
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- Over 10 years experience in cyber security with progressive leadership roles in retail, banking or technology
- Over 3 years leading progressive security operations or threat intelligence organizations
- Proven and applied knowledge of attack and recovery frameworks utilized at large scale
- Experience with progressive application of SecOps utilizing solution and scenario modeling
- Demonstrated broad and up-to-date understanding of the latest information security threats, trends, and intelligence.
- Ability to exercise effective independent judgment, to prioritize and deliver business results in a fast moving, high pressure, and demanding environment with competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills to build credibility and collaboration
- Degree-level tertiary qualification or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart - these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd's offers that may interest you