Help usboldly shape retail in Canada
As one ofCanada’s leading apparel retailers, L'Équipeur stands out for itscommitment to comfort, quality and style. L'Équipeur is a leader inproduct development, innovation and quality through its assortment ofindustrial apparel, footwear and accessories, with strong private and exclusivebrands. As a valued part of the Canadian Tire family of companies, ouremployees across L'Équipeur are leading our brand’s evolution to beCanada’s number one destination for men’s industrial and casual apparel and footwear.
As the“second in charge,” the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all aspectsof the store when the Store General Manager is absent along with performingadditional duties in their respective department. The incumbent is anambassador and drives continual growth of business and development of people,leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of our culture andbrand.
- Continually motivate team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Provide mentorship to teams and influence continuous growth, exemplifying L'Équipeur leadership brand
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information
- Develop and lead recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintain a complete team
- Demonstrate and follow up on execution of L'Équipeur visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards
- Responsibility to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control
- Create and / or monitor the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions
- An ambassador and leader of the customer experience you look to develop relationships with customers and provide mentorship and coaching to your team to ensure the same
- Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Create development plans and conduct annual appraisals for management team; to improve any performance gaps
- Complete and hold team accountable to complete required training within timeframes
Eveningand weekend availability is a requirement of this role
We arelooking for individuals who are:
- Business Savvy - you have a customer focused mindset and can plan, execute, and drive sales
- Leaders - you lead by example and have a passion for coaching, developing, and inspiring your team
- Culture and brand ambassadors - you love the work and take pride in our brand
If you’rea proven retail manager with a passion for people, our industry, and driving anexceptional customer experience, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Superior training and mentoring skills developed through previous leadership or supervisory roles
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a retail environment with 12- 24 months in a leadership role
- Demonstrated computer skills an asset
- Post-secondary education in Retail Management or Business Administration an asset
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shapingretail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for ourcustomers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees takepride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic trianglethat keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning anddevelopment opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart - these are some ofthe many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’sBest Managed Companies.
Tolearn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow uson LinkedIn.
L'Équipeur is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.