This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Within the Forces, there is a huge variety of vehicles from lawn tractor to the Leopard II tank. Operational efficiency relies heavily on mobility, which makes the work of the mechanics paramount. Vehicle technicians are responsible for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of vehicles and related equipment. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC129E3
- Inspect, repair, overhaul and modify all types of automotive equipment and components
- Repair, adjust and modify automotive systems
- Repair, adjust, overhaul and modify powered equipment such as electrical generators and fuel-fired heating devices
- Use and maintain common and specialized tools, basic garage hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic equipment and oxyacetylene welding equipment
- Carry out the recovery of all types of vehicles used in the land forces, utilizing standard towing trucks and specialized tracked and wheeled recovery vehicles
- Drive all types of vehicles ranging from small support wheel vehicles to tank transporters
- Prepare and process maintenance documentation dealing with work orders, individual time cards and parts request forms
- Perform in land operations, when necessary, fight as infantry
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Industrial Truck Mechanic
- Automotive Brake and Front-end Mechanic
- Truck-Trailer Repair Specialist
- Tune-up Specialist
- Mechanical repairer
- Automotive service technician, truck and bus
Level of education
Work experience (years)
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 55 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To have completed at least Math 416 (CST4).
- To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED)
Accidental death insurance
Company supplied uniform
Floating leave days
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Paid sick leave
Professional training and development program
Regional disparity bonus
Reimbursement of tuition fees
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you