This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Looking for full-time or part-time work? We are hiring and providing excellent career opportunities.
Consult this list to find out what trades are available in your area:
By applying for this job, you are applying for a MILITARY JOB.
Medical technicians work with medical officers and to treat the sick and injured in all kinds of Forces operations in Canada or abroad. They also play a leading role in the prevention of diseases that could affect the operational capability of military members.
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC334FE3
- Provide initial care for patients
- In trauma cases, provide basic life support treatments
- Prescribe some medications in accordance with their scope of practice
- Provide medical support during environmental operations
- Recover casualties from the point of injury and transport them to a medical facility by wheeled or tracked ambulance, or by air
- Participate in rescues from crashed vehicles, tanks, ships, aircraft and damaged buildings
- Give basic advice on disease prevention, hygiene and sanitation
- Perform specific environmental health and preventive medicine duties
- Collect specimens and perform basic laboratory procedures
- Operate and maintain medical and life-support equipment
- Perform electrocardiograms and audiograms
- Initiate, maintain and distribute medical records, documents, reports and returns
- Maintain, replenish and account for general and medical supplies
In most cases, Reserve Force members serve on a part-time basis within a military unit in their community and may perform evening and weekend service, while in school or in civilian employment. They may also serve by holding full-time positions within certain units for a specific period. They are paid during their instruction. They are not subjected to military assignments or relocations. However, they can volunteer to move to another base or to deploy in Canada or abroad on military missions. They make an important contribution to the success of military operations at home and abroad.
Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the pay rates. To learn more about the pay rates:
• Pension plan
• Dental coverage up to 90%, three months after being hired
• Continuing education
• Tuition fees reimbursed up to 8 000 $
• Uniform and equipment provided
• Flexible work schedule that adapts to your school schedule or your civil work
• Full time summer job from May 1st to August 31st
• Competitive salary
The minimum requirements for enrollment in the Canadian Armed Forces are:
• To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
• To be a Canadian citizen
• To have obtained at least 24 Secondary 4 and/or 5 and/or Professionnal Education credits; OR Have obtained an Equivalence Certificate of Secondary Education (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED)
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you