This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Marine technicians operate and maintain highly sophisticated propulsion, mechanical and power generation system. They provide maintenance using various welding, electrical distribution, mechanical, machining, sheet metal and paint techniques. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC379E3
- Operate and fix propulsion gas turbine and diesel engines and associated systems, including gearing and shafting
- Operate and fix generators and power distribution systems, including casualty power
- Operate and fix hydraulic equipment and systems
- Operate and fix electronic machinery control systems
- Operate and fix fitted and portable damage control and firefighting equipment
- Operate and fix refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment
- Operate and fix fuel and other liquid management systems
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Arc/Acetylene Welder
- Construction Millwright and Industrial Mechanic
- Equipment Mechanic
- Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Hydro Power Station Operator
- Marine Engineer
- Marine Electrical Technician
- Marine Equipment Electrician
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Stationary Engineer and Auxiliary Equipment Operator
Level of education
Work experience (years)
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 56 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED)
- To have completed at least Math 426 (TS4 or SN4).
New – Signing bonus!
The CAF is pleased to announce the creation of a signing bonus for those who have completed certain recognized training programs or who have the necessary practical experience. You may be entitled to a recruiting allowance of either $10,000 or $20,000.
Accidental death insurance
Company supplied uniform
Floating leave days
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Paid sick leave
Professional training and development program
Regional disparity bonus
Reimbursement of tuition fees
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you