This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Looking for full-time or part-time work? We are hiring and providing excellent career opportunities.
The capacity of neutralizing hostile forces sometimes depend on indirect support that can be provided by artillery soldiers. They are responsible for surveillance, target acquisition, and indirect fire to engage the enemy. The Artillery also work in close collaboration with the other Combat Arms trades, i.e. Infantry, Armour, and Combat Engineers.
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC368E3
- Position, operate and maintain Field Guns and Air Defence weapon systems.
- Provide fire-support advice to the Infantry and Armour units
- Use and maintain personal weapons and section-level weapons up to and including machine-guns and anti-tank weapons
- Operate technically advanced command-post computers, laser range-finders and fire-control computers
- Operate and maintain surveillance and target acquisition equipment, Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) III, Forward Observation Post Vehicle equipment, air defense weapons and radar systems
In most cases, Reserve Force members serve on a part-time basis within a military unit in their community and may perform evening and weekend service, while in school or in civilian employment. They may also serve by holding full-time positions within certain units for specified periods. They are paid during their instruction. They are not subjected to military assignments or relocations. However, they can volunteer to move to another base or to deploy in Canada or abroad on military missions. They make an important contribution to the success of military operations at home and abroad.
Consult this table to find out which units are hiring in your area: http://bit.ly/ReserveTRADES
To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/CAFPay19
- Pension plan
- Dental coverage at 90%, three months after being hired
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Flexible work schedule that adapts to your school schedule or your civil work
- Full time summer job from May 1st to August 31st
- Competitive salary
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
- Be a Canadian citizen
- To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED).
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you