This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
A good meal always has a positive influence on troops morale. Therefore cooks have to prepare food and meals in the various National Defence establishments, in Canada and abroad, following strict food safety regulations no matter the environment they are in. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC164E3
- Prepare and serve meals that range from cafeteria-style menus to formal multi-course meals for military and civilian dignitaries
- Assist in the handling and control of food and non-food supplies
- Practice workplace health and safety procedures
- Provide for Religious and Spiritual dietary accomodations
- Manage food safety and Defence
- Operate, clean and maintain food services equipment and facilities
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Institutional or Restaurant Cook
- Food Services Instructor in high schools or colleges
- Food Services Manager or Supervisor (Food Service Establishment)
Level of education
Work experience (years)
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
• To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
• Have Canadian citizenship
• Have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5) and have completed a secondary 4 mathematics course.
• It is also possible to have completed a diploma or certificate in culinary skills / art (Cook, Baker or similar post-secondary program).
New – Signing bonus!
The CAF is pleased to announce the creation of a signing bonus for those who have completed certain recognized training programs or who have the necessary practical experience. You may be entitled to a recruiting allowance of either $10,000 or $20,000.
Accidental death insurance
Company supplied uniform
Floating leave days
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Paid sick leave
Professional training and development program
Regional disparity bonus
Reimbursement of tuition fees
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you