This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Looking for full-time or part-time work? We are hiring and providing excellent career opportunities.
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Boatswains are the seamanship specialists of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). They are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the ship’s rigging, shipboard cargo handling equipment, boats and small craft. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC105E3
- Operate and maintain shipboard equipment associated with cargo handling and inter-ship transfers of personnel, fuel, and materiel while at sea
- Operate and maintain the ship’s equipment for such tasks as anchoring, towing, launching and recovering boats, and surface rescue operations
- Operate and navigate small craft in all waters
- Perform required tasks with ship’s rigging and lifesaving equipment
- Organize the storage, training, and use of small arms, demolitions and ammunition
- Plan, organize and conduct drill and ceremonies
- Assist and supervise deck crews in maintaining the ship and its equipment
- Coordinate watch keeping duties at sea and in harbour
In most cases, Reserve Force members serve on a part-time basis within a military unit in their community and may perform evening and weekend service, while in school or in civilian employment. They may also serve by holding full-time positions within certain units for specified periods. They are paid during their instruction. They are not subjected to military assignments or relocations. However, they can volunteer to move to another base or to deploy in Canada or abroad on military missions. They make an important contribution to the success of military operations at home and abroad.
Consult this table to find out which units are hiring in your area: http://bit.ly/reservetrades
To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/CAFPay19
- Pension plan
- Dental coverage at 90%, three months after being hired
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Flexible work schedule that adapts to your school schedule or your civil work
- Full time summer job from May 1st to August 31st
- Competitive salary
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED).
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you