This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Royal Canadian Air Force aircrafts cannot lift off without the inspection and work of Aircraft Structures Technicians. They are responsible for the maintenance and repair of aircraft structures. During their career, they will acquire techniques such as painting, machining, assembly, welding and cutting.
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC138E3
- Inspect aircraft structures and related components
- Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, ferrous and non-ferrous materials, composite materials, chemicals, adhesives, paints and textiles
- Manufacture and install aircraft structural components for prototype projects
- Weld base metals, alloys and casting materials, using oxyacetylene, electrical arc, inert gas and resistance welding techniques and equipment
- Manufacture original aircraft equipment, components or replacement items from base metals using special cutting tools, engine lathe and milling machines
- Fabricate and repair aircraft structures using composite, fibreglass, textiles, leather, plastic and synthetic components
- Conduct corrosion control inspections of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Maintain life support equipment, ejection seats, fire suppression and oxygen systems
- Perform aircraft handling tasks
- Prepare and maintain aircraft documentation and statistical data
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Structures
- Aircraft Structures Maintenance Technician
- Aircraft Assembly Controller
- Board Instrument Installation and Maintenance Technician
- Avionics Systems Technician
- Aerospace Engineering Technician
Level of education
Work experience (years)
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 55 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED).
Accidental death insurance
Company supplied uniform
Floating leave days
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Paid sick leave
Professional training and development program
Regional disparity bonus
Reimbursement of tuition fees
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you