- Salary To be discussed
- Full time
- Published on December 30th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Specialist, Alternative Investment Engineering
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
As the Specialist, Alternative Investment Engineering, you will lead projects and initiatives to build and evolve end-to-end technology solutions for Alternative Investment business groups including Real Assets, Private Equity, and Credit Investments.
Reporting to the Manager, Alternative Investment Engineering, and in partnership with peer Technology & Data team and a variety of business departments, this role will have an unique opportunity to work as part of a multi-year initiative transforming our technology landscape in the Alternative Investment space in order to support CPP Investments 2025 Technology and Data Strategy.
To be successful in this role, you need to have solid experiences as technical lead delivering robust, resilient and scalable full-stack engineering solutions meeting business needs and aligning with architectural best practices and Technology & Data strategy. You will need to effectively coach junior team members and demonstrate lead by examples by rolling up your sleeves to help driving implementation.
You will also need to develop and nurture strong relationships with partners from different technology, data and business groups, and external vendors to build an strong understanding of existing processes and how to apply best engineering practices to reduce operational costs, improve operational efficiency by simplying and scaling up the technology solutions.
- Work as technology lead for a customer centric engineering team of 5-10 software engineers to drive design, integration and implementation for transformational Alternative Investment initiatives.
- Drive engineering excellence by proactively identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve process agility, delivery efficiency, and implement DevOps & agile development principles
- Contribute to the development of long-term system target state, plan and drive system advancements towards strategic target
- Guide the engineering team in the partnership with IT architecture to produce robust, reliable and scalable solutions with deep understanding of supported business capabilities, and an appropriate balance of time-to-market versus meeting longer-term organization needs
- Manage vendor relationship to jointly solve product performance and scalability issues to meet business needs, constantly seek and apply industrial best practices where applicable
- Excellent communication, attention to details and relationship management skills, with an ability to naturally influence others and sell ideas effectively to stakeholders at various levels
- 5+ years of experiences in designing, building and delivering cloud-based applications on AWS
- Solid hands-on experiences in cloud-native design, event-based microservices architecture is a must
- Experiences in AWS, Kubernetes, Service Mesh framework (e.g. Istio) is a must
- Experiences in managing vendor relationship are strong assets
- Solid tracking records to challenge status quo and continuously drive system and process improvements
- Results driven, effectively manage expectations and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Commitment to CPP Investments’ guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-VB1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.