- Salary To be discussed
- Full time
- Published on December 24th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Senior Manager, Solution Architecture
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Senior Manager, Solution Architecture will lead a team of Solution Architects and will collaborate with Delivery, Business Management and various Engineering teams. Your are the driving force of the Solution Architecture Team, leading in the specification, consistent design, and implementation of solutions across the business. Working as an Architecture Leader, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You will play an integral role in building the team’s skillset while demonstrating your leadership values through delegation, motivation and trust. You will not just lead, but you will be ''hands on do''.
He or she is driven to resolve business technology alignment challenges across key influencers in the organization. Broad knowledge of CPP Investments' strategy, investment and operational processes, and technology platforms is required to achieve results. The Lead Solution Architect must be able to work collaboratively with business executives, senior IT management, project teams, planning functions and other architecture professionals.
- Build, maintain, lead, manage, and direct a team of solution architects within enterprise architecture team.
- Act as a role model, demonstrating the CPP Investments values, providing clear management support and development to the team, and following all CPP Investments people processes.
- Maintain a team strategy, ensuring alignment to broader organization strategies, with clear foresight on growth and development of team members.
- Lead the implementation of the strategy and principles in the solutions delivered by the team.
- Refine and lead the implementation and delivery of the CPP Investments T&D architecture vision, through the definition of architecture roadmaps, transition architectures, and solution documents.
- Create and maintain a solution alignment framework, working with the delivery teams to understand adherence to designs, managing exceptions through the governance process.
- Contribute to strategic transformational planning initiatives from an architecture perspective.
- Support enterprise-wide IT architecture model and champion its use for IT solution architecture and design activities, stakeholder communication, change impact analysis, IT application portfolio management, and transformational planning.
- Champion and govern adherence to CPP Investments IT architecture principles, standards and policies by all CPP Investments IT solutions, whether developed internally or externally.
- Provide direction to solution architects on how to apply enterprise architecture guidance at the individual solution level.
- Develop senior management relationships and knowledge that is conducive to understanding and articulating the impact of business and technology direction on the initiatives and solutions being delivered by the IT department.
- Support business planning and project portfolio decision making with enterprise context and strategy driven future state alternatives.
- Build, maintain and be accountable for a solution architecture lifecycle and methodology appropriate to the wider enterprise architecture and CPP Investments IT capabilities, including the definition of artefacts, deliverables, models, processes, roles. and responsibilities.
- Support the agile methodology in the SA and scrum teams, ensuring delivery of value early and aligned to strategy.
- Increase knowledge and experience of all aspects of enterprise architecture in the team of solution architects.
- University Degree
- 15+ years experience as an architect, including problem definition, design, modeling, analysis and presentation.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing high volume, high availability systems, complex enterprise wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple architecture domains
- Experience with Cloud/AWS, Analytics, workflow, mobile, Service oriented, Microservices/API, Middleware (Java, Python), Security and other ledge edge technologies
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills with an ability to negotiate and trade-off technology options against goals & costs
- Knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solution incrementally
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a faced-paced environment
- Knowledge of architecture development methodology (ADM) and frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman, etc. is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to easily deal with both abstract and concrete concepts and be able to reconcile them for the appropriate audience and context preferred
- Proven ability to maintain both a strategic long-term outlook and enterprise perspective, while also supporting tangible, business-driven and IT-delivered solutions.
- Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and to be able to work effectively in a fast paced, results driven company.
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.