- Salary To be discussed
- Full time
- Published on December 24th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Lead, Security Architect
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Lead, Security Architect will play a crucial role in setting the strategy and technical direction applied to ensuring that our data and applications throughout the lifecycle remain secure. The role will be responsible for working with our Global Information Security team to ensure that our applications and data platforms conforms to disciplined, industry best practices for information security.
This highly visible position will be front and center as we work to continuously modernize our solutions and change the way we apply technology across our systems. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning both solutions built on traditional platforms, and more modern deployments on standards based/open technology stacks in Cloud.
As a key member of the architecture team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Gaining an understanding of our Current State and Target State Architecture and then working to define a strategy for our technical direction around security for CPP Investments infrastructure, application, technology and data landscape.
- Develop a hybrid cloud Security Architecture for fault-tolerant & scalable applications that adhere to expected standards and discipline from a security posture.
- Provide Security architecture & design oversight for systems and projects.
- Define solution level security architecture for project and work with CPP Investments Information Security team on reviews and conformance to CPP Investments' security standards.
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies and techniques. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed.
- University Degree
- 10+ years experience as an architect with experience in architecting, designing and developing large scale security solutions utilizing a mixture of hardware and software technologies.
- Experience building Security Architectures for Applications deployed on or with the following technologies: Java, Python, Oracle, SQL Server, EMR, Lambda, S3, Big data ecosystem
- Working knowledge of data security best practices: at rest, in flight, and in use.
- Expert level experience with encryption technologies and techniques in Cloud (AWS KMS, HSM, IAM, etc.), Directory Services, Authentication, Authorization, Privilege Access Management solutions, PKI, SSO, Data security, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with AD, Azure AD/Connect, Okta, Cyberark, AWS Security (infrastructure, data & application), etc.
- Ability to build Risk Models and analyze security weaknesses in complex technology deployments.
- Has experience working with product teams on specifying Secure Application Requirements.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solution incrementally
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a faced-paced environment
- Knowledge of architecture development methodology (ADM) and frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman, etc. is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to easily deal with both abstract and concrete concepts and be able to reconcile them for the appropriate audience and context preferred
- Proven ability to maintain both a strategic long-term outlook and enterprise perspective, while also supporting tangible, business-driven and IT-delivered solutions.
- Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and to be able to work effectively in a fast paced, results driven company.
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.