- Salary To be discussed
- Full time
- Published on December 24th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Lead, Data Architect (Big Data)
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Lead, Data Architect will be responsible for leading a new holistic Data strategy and architecture, driving transformation of CPP Investments' big data environments into a highly valued business asset supporting the dynamic data science and analytics needs of the future.
This role will be central to developing and implementing the strategy (with the business) to simplify data environments, data integration, data science and build-out of a Data Fabric. This role will influence senior data technologists, designers and data modelers charged with providing designs and oversight to ensure consistent application across Data & Cloud solutions.
Success in this role will be measured by your ability to educate and facilitate the business requirements into solutions and patterns that are repeatable, scalable and secure.
- As a hands-on Architect, you will be architecting and building reusable, highly scalable, cloud native data ecosystem on AWS and leveraging other specialized IaaS/PaaS/SaaS providers
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data governance, data integration, discovery, visualization, etc.
- Create repeatable and process-oriented data designs and patterns, architecture and strategies to support mission critical business needs.
- Working with Architects, responsible for implementing an as-is, to-be and interim data strategy to support CPP Investments' cloud & data needs and platform / data integration transformation.
- Ability to develop and document aligned detailed plans to lead the team on transition from current state architecture to interim and then future state.
- Monitor and provide oversight to ensure solutions implemented across Business Solutions team are meeting design standards for quality, scalability, data retention, extensibility, performance and data refresh.
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience
- Eight (8) or more years hands-on big data, data warehouse and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS and NoSQL data platform technologies and ETL and Data Ingestion protocols).
- Four (4) or more years Cloud technologies with hands on experience (AWS experience required)
- Strong practical experience building data solutions in AWS leveraging S3, Glue, Lambda, EMR/PySpark, Redshift/Spectrum, Snowflake, Athena/Presto, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of building data orchestration and pipelines leveraging Apache Airflow, NiFi, Debezium, Oracle Goldengate, Streamsets, AWS Step Functions, Lake formation, etc.
- Deep understanding of metadata management, data modeling, data catalog and related tools (knowledge of Collibra and Ataccama is big plus)
- Experience in Data Science and Advanced Analytic tools (Python and R) preferred.
- Experience with Data Virtualization over relational and non-relational sources, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies preferred.
- Exemplify CPP Investments' Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.